Monster Blog! A celebration of Marvel's pre-Fantastic Four days when giant monster comics were all the rage. Lots of Kirby-riffic beasties and Stan Lee hyperbole. Glancing at the list of monsters it appears as if the writers used to strike their typewriters at random to come up with new names. (Orrgo the unconquerable! Gxenu and MARK VIII!) Also of note is the alien invader Don Russell, who disguised himself as a pop singer and attempted to hypnotize the Earth's population. He was eventually defeated after the story's hero concocts a story about how Russell abandoned his wife, turning the public against its Otherworldly Idol. But even more terrifying is Orgg -- tax collector from space! (Via Incoming Signals)
- Name: Kathleen Gallagher
- Location: Canada
Ghost in the Machine
Girls Read Comics
I Guess We'll Just Have to Adjust
I Watch Stuff
Music (For Robots)
New York London Paris Munich
vain, selfish & lazy
- From House of Tomorrow, the official Magnetic Fiel...
- Bonhomme and Belinda Stronach caught in torrid ...
- The Naked and the Dead
- Hrrm. So then, not a pastie afterall.
- Curious attitude over the human body during CBS's ...
- Art of the Mix stats for 2003 -- Confirms your sus...
- Ah, now here's a job I could really go for: Minist...
- Girls don't like Curb Your Enthusiasm! Don't you h...
- Shut the Fuck Up: How Travis Bickle Ruined Film Fo...
- Today's Flea Market Haul: Rockpile - Seconds of...